Stoneware clay is a beautiful clay to work with. We love its buttery texture and strength. Stoneware clay is very good for dishware as it retains heat helping to make sure food stays warm which is really good when you are making dishes for warm food or drinks!
- In this course we teach you:
- how to teach projects using stoneware clay, as it differs from low-fire earthenware clay
- the properties of stoneware clay
- an understanding of the clay process
- when to use stoneware clay, which projects suits it best
- an understanding of stoneware glazing techniques including masking, brushing, and dipping
- a basic understanding of the kiln firing process
- clay history
Learn Curriculum Development
You will develop and complete a project using our curriculum developing techniques to create a pinching technique clay project.
Your curriculum reviewed by your instructor. The instructor will provide an objective critique including feedback and suggestions.