The Gelli plate is an easy introduction to the fascinating realm of printmaking.
- In this course we teach you:
- basic terminology and principles of printmaking
- how to use the Gelli plate
- how to teach studio etiquette and maintenance
- how to teach different Gelli plate techniques including subtraction, masking, stenciling, layering, and free drawing
- how to build layered Gelli plate compositions
- use of tools including, brayer, baren, combs, and found objects
- history of printmaking
Learn Curriculum Development
You will develop and complete a Gelli plate printmaking project using our curriculum developing techniques.
Your curriculum will be reviewed by your instructor. The instructor will provide an objective critique including feedback and suggestions.