Using low fire earthenware clay, you will explore various methods for creating beautiful pottery on the wheel, from bowls to plates.
- In this course we teach you:
- Learn to teach in a way that inspires more clay wheel lovers, learning to enjoy the process and experiment methods that work for each individual
- We use earthenware clay which is the preferred clay type for teaching beginners pottery wheel
- Explore the techniques needed to teach a class: wedging, throwing, centering and coning, pulling walls, and shaping.
- Learn the tools and theories that make great pottery on the wheel
- The properties of the potter's wheel and the necessary tools.
- How to teach a wheel class and how to troubleshoot technical issues that may occur for beginners
- The earthenware clay firing process and properties
- Glazing your clay projects
Learn Curriculum Development
You will develop and complete a pottery wheel project using our curriculum developing techniques.
Your curriculum will be reviewed by your instructor. The instructor will provide an objective critique including feedback and suggestions.