The slab technique is one that you will want to learn very well. It is the base for many clay projects, including drinkware, planters, and candleholders.
We highly recommend this course for anyone planning on teaching clay no matter your experience level.
- In this course we teach you:
- how to teach the slab technique and adapt it to different projects
- our 10-point clay project checklist to ensure a successful outcome
- the properties of white low-fire earthenware clay
- how to work with low fire earthenware clay and the clay cycle
- how to adapt to the abilities of your students
- an understanding of the brush glazing technique, using underglaze and glaze
- a basic understanding of the kiln firing process
- clay history
Learn Curriculum Development
You will develop and complete a clay slab project using our curriculum developing techniques.
Your curriculum will be reviewed by your instructor. The instructor will provide an objective critique including feedback and suggestions.