Pinching is simple and easily understood by beginners. It is an accessible and enjoyable way to dip your toe into the wonderful world of ceramics.
Students are able to master this in a relatively short period of time, building confidence and self esteem.
- In this course we teach you:
- an understanding of the pinch pot technique
- how to teach the pinch pot technique to all ages
- our 10-point clay project checklist to ensure a successful outcome
- the properties of terracotta clay
- how to work with terracotta clay and the clay cycle
- how to teach smoothing and attaching
- building upon the simple pinching technique to create more complex shapes and projects
- how to adapt to the abilities of your students
- an understanding of the brush glazing technique, using underglaze
- a basic understanding of the kiln firing process
- clay history
Learn Curriculum Development
You will develop and complete a terracotta pinch pot project using our curriculum developing techniques.
Your curriculum will be reviewed by your instructor. The instructor will provide an objective critique including feedback and suggestions.