The coiling technique is methodical and requires planning and time in order to create beautiful unique shapes. It has been used to shape clay into vessels for many thousands of years.
- In this course we teach you:
- how to teach the coil technique
- our 10-point clay project checklist to ensure a successful outcome
- the properties of white low-fire earthenware clay
- how to work with low fire earthenware clay and the clay cycle
- how to teach smoothing and attaching
- building upon the simple coiling technique to create more complex shapes and projects
- how to adapt to the abilities of your students
- an understanding of the brush glazing technique, using underglaze and glaze
- a basic understanding of the kiln firing process
- clay history
Learn Curriculum Development
You will develop and complete a clay coil project using our curriculum developing techniques.
Your curriculum will be reviewed by your instructor. The instructor will provide an objective critique including feedback and suggestions.