Slow down, step back, take a breath, and make a plan. Layering is an important technical aspect of painting that will make or break a good composition. This is the key to having colours really pop. Artists from Leonardo da Vinci to Andy Warhol have used layering techniques.
- In this course we teach you:
- various layering techniques including wash, underpainting, colour blocking, masking, and stencils and templates
- how to apply these to your curriculums and projects
- when and why layering and planning is important
- how to pace your students and teaching to encourage successful results
Learn Curriculum Development
You will develop and complete a painting project focusing on layering using our curriculum developing techniques.
Your curriculum will be reviewed by your instructor. The instructor will provide an objective critique including feedback and suggestions.