Colour theory is both a science and an art. You will learn the visual effects of how colours mix, match, or contrast with each other. We will show you how to teach different techniques to apply colour theory to acrylic painting projects, however, this general colour knowledge can be applied to any artistic endeavour.
- In this course we teach you:
- the colour wheel and how to teach it
- paint palette etiquette, for all ages
- use of templated mixing teaching sheets
- basic colour theory including the RYB colour model, colour grouping, and colour harmonies and schemes
- the difference between blending and mixing
- on canvas versus on the palette colour mixing
- how to teach colour mixing techniques in a classroom
- art history, theory, and terminology
Learn Curriculum Development
You will develop and complete a painting project focusing on colour theory using our curriculum developing techniques.
Your curriculum will be reviewed by your instructor. The instructor will provide an objective critique including feedback and suggestions.